Drug Store Review: CoverGirl outlast stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation ( plus sunscreen SPF 20)

Woot! Finally going to start a blog! And what better way than to do a review! My Blog will consist of random postings, in regards to makeup, skin, hair, clothing etc.... And let me promise you something, my posts will be REAL. Everything I say is truly what I believe, I will not misinform you, but you also have to take into account that everything said is my opinion, so if I hate something, and you love it, then disregard what I have to say. Let me just tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Sara (if you couldn't tell by the name of my blog) and I am currently 16 and going into the 11th grade. Makeup and fashion is kind of an interest of mine, and I would love to share my thoughts and opinions with the rest of you!

 That aside, let's get into the review! 




 CoverGirl outlast stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation 



Covergirl 3 in 1 Foundation

So, I have been using this foundation for quite a while, and I should say I really have been loving it. I am relatively new to the "makeup" world, and have only tried drug store foundations, as I have yet to spend my mullah on any high-end foundations. Aint nobody got money for that! Ahahaha just kidding, but as a teenager in high school, purchasing expensive makeup is rather rare. I'm not a rich kid! haha! *Ahem*, randomness aside, I really am in love with this foundation. I know that it is also relatively well loved in the beauty community, as is the ever-so-popular Revlon Colourstay Foundation, yet I  would have to say that I like this foundation a little bit more. I have oily to combination skin, so I need something that will control my oil and shine, while not flaking or getting patches throughout my skin,specifically on dry areas. This definitely gets the job done. I also have a lot of acne, acne scarring, and hyper pigmentation (woot......) and I find that this foundation can really conceal all of that. The packaging claims that the foundation has a primer, foundation, and concealer all in one, and it really does stick to that promise.

3 in 1    Primer
 I have been using this formula for almost a year now, and back when I first started using it I wasnt even aware that primers existed! I had heard of them, yet never really gave them a second thought. So my makeup routine would consist of me washing my face, then applying this foundation, without any primer! Yet I found that it stayed put pretty well! After about 4 hours or so I found that I would get slightly oily on my T-zone, but that is also just because I have ridiculously oily skin, it is such a pain! Nothing a little setting powder can't fix! (I recommend the Rimmel "Stay Matte" pressed powder just sayin). Even though this has a built in primer within the formula, I would recommend using one to ensure that you really do get incredible longwear. Without primer, the foundation stays intact for about 8 to 9 hours, yet with one, I have noticed that it stays on for over 16 hours! Possible more, but I have never really stayed up for longer than that with makeup on ahahaha. I would say that this is  a great starting foundation, for those of you that don't wish to purchase a primer, or concealer, which brings me to my next point
Sofia Vergara Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation


3 in 1    Concealer
What I like about this foundation as opposed to the highly raved about "Revlon Colourstay 24 hour foundation" is that the coverage is much much more efficient in the Covergirl formula. This foundation covered all of my acne (and acne scarring, and redness, and all of the other issues that my face has) very well. Personally, I still use a concealer on top just to make sure that absolutely everything is covered up, yet that is also mostly because I have ALOT of acne scarring....so it doesn't hurt applying a little but more product to make sure everything is truly covered. 

TIP: Don't layer/cake on foundation to cover up acne and whatnot. This will make your foundation look very cakey and un-natural. Instead, go over any problem areas with concealer. Also try to avoid "full coverage" foundations, as those tend to clog up your pores and this can lead to even more acne! (That is why some mac products can break people out! There is just too much coverage!) It is best to let your skin breathe whenever you can, and refer to using light to medium foundations, and then using concealers to cover anything that your foundation missed.


3 in 1   Foundation
The formula is very bendable, and (again) has good coverage, yet it doesn't feel thick or heavy on the skin. It also has SPF 20 in it, so it is great to wear if you are being exposed to the sun. However, since it does have SPF in it, your face may tend to look shiny or have weird, random white patches if photographed with a flash. I try to minimize this effect by using a primer underneath the foundation. (My favourite: Smashox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Light), yet I dont tend to have too many issues in terms of being photographed and having a shiny face. The finish is very matte (which I prefer) and it really does do a good job at making your skin look flawless. It doesn't tend to get cakey either, if you layer other products on top of it, such as highlighters, concealers etc.


Covergirl Sat Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation



What I don't like about it:
I have yet to come across a nice, water-proof foundation, which is something that I really need, especially in the summer heat. And this foundation definitely isn't that water proof. It can handle a small amount of condensation (sweat, water etc) but anything more will cause it to come off. I don't really like how easily it comes off due to contact with water, as this can be annoying when doing even simple things, such as drinking a glass of water or brushing your teeth. if any water touches your skin, and you (even lightly) wipe it off, the foundation comes off too! I find this very weird, since it stays on very well throughout the day, but as soon as it touches water....It is rather annoying! So try your best to avoid any direct contact to water on your face. 


Ingredients: (from Ulta.com)
Active: Ensulizole 3.0%. Inactive: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, Pvp, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Comes in: 14 Different shades. (I am in shade 945 "warm beige")


Summary: I would totally recommend this foundation to anyone, as it blends well, has great coverage, is light-weight and last basically all day while staying matte. I still recommend using a concealer on top of this if you have problem skin, yet the coverage is pretty decent for a foundation. The only issue revolves around water, yet that can be avoided. 
Rating:     ❤ /5









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Sara

As you may have guessed by the title, my name is Sara. I love cats and prefer my sushi with tempura in it. I hope my blog serves as an inspiration to others to live life uniquely, and in their own ways. Stay cool :) You can contact me at saracantmeraz@gmail.com